lördag 23 februari 2013

Flashing back

God morning readers!

Shame on me for not posting lately. The past 5 months have been so busy, but in a good way. The travel and surf account are refilled again. So what have I been up to?! Here´s a short summary:

Erasmus exchange at Bournemouth University: This semester went so fast! Got to know so many nice and amazing people over there. I´ll def come back to this place. It was a challenge to study 150 %, especially the three intense units in English,  but I think my effort will pay off eventually. Waiting for the final result which will be posted on Monday (crossing my fingers).



Surf trip to Ghana: After spending Christmas in Sweden I went to a three-weeks of surf trip to Ghana, which was absolutely radical! So many nice and friendly people! Delicious food and uncrowded waves. Before me and Erika went to this trip we raised some money in order to support the children´s education. For the amount of money we raised we bought school equipment to the local school in the village Busua, and  we also helped five poor children to start their education. Ghana as surf destination, easy top 3 on my list!

Minor Field Study- scholarship: During my time in UK I received a scholarship from Sida for a eight weeks of field studies in the Philippines. As a said in my last post, a new adventure is coming up! The flight tickets are booked, will try to sort out the accommodation and all the boring practical things tomorrow. The main focus now is to prepare my thesis and develop a method to collect the right data whilst I´m there. More about the thesis subject will be explained later on.  

See ya!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar